Today in Crypto: FTX Takes Over Employee Salaries, Huobi Partners with Tron and DMC on Dominica Coin, Ukrainian and Indian CBDCs
Get your daily digest of crypto-asset and blockchain-related news – by investigating stories that fly under the radar in today’s crypto news.
- FTX and approximately 101 affiliated companies announcement that most FTX affiliates worldwide resume normal salary and benefit payments to employees worldwide and certain non-US contractors and service providers. The relief does not apply to employees or contractors of FTX Digital Markets Ltd. (FTXDM Bahamas), FTX Australia Pty Limitedand FTX Express Pty Ltd (together, FTX Australia), which are the subject of a separate proceeding.
- Houbi announcement its partnership with the Commonwealth of Dominica, TRONand DMC Laboratories. All three platforms have been approved by the government of Dominica to issue the national token, Dominica Coin (DMC) and Digital Identity (DID). Both issued by a sovereign country, DMC and DID are based on the TRON network, Dominica’s official national blockchain infrastructure, and are due to launch on Huobi Prime. Additionally, DMC holders will be granted digital citizenship of Dominica, the announcement said.
- bitget announced a $20 million investment in a series of marketing campaigns with Lionel Messi, with the launch of the brand film to celebrate the 2022 World Cup, he said. The swap revealed his partnership with Messi with the first ‘A Perfect 10’ campaign at the end of October, and he will launch the next marketing campaign called ‘Make it Count’ during the World Cup period.
- The National Bank of Ukraine (NBU) presented a draft concept for its central bank digital currency (CBDC), digital hryvnia or e-hryvnia. According according to the bank statement, the e-hryvnia is intended to perform all the functions of money by supplementing the monetary and non-monetary forms of the hryvnia. “The use of e-hryvnia should be convenient and accessible to all segments of the population, legal entities, public bodies, banks and non-bank financial institutions,” he said.
- India will undertake the first retail digital currency pilot project on December 1, the powerhouse reserve bench said tuesday. Four local banks — National Bank of India, ICICI Bank, Yes Bankand IDFC — will participate in the initial phase of the pilot in four cities: Mumbai, New Delhi, Bangalore and Bhubaneswar. Bank of Baroda, Union Bank of India, HDFC Bankand Kotak Mahindra Bank will join the pilot afterwards, he said.
- Silvergate Capital said its total digital asset custody relationship with the bankrupt crypto lender BlockFi is less than $20 million of its total deposits from all digital asset customers as of November 28. “BlockFi is not a custodian of Silvergate’s bitcoin-backed SEN leveraged loans, which to date have continued to operate as intended with zero losses and no forced liquidations. Silvergate has no investment in BlockFi,” he said in a press release.
- Crypto exchange kraken arranged with the United States Treasury Department’s Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC). He agreed to hand over $362,158.7 to settle his potential civil liability for apparent sanctions violations against Iran, and to invest an additional $100,000 in some sanctions compliance checks, said the press release.
- payment systems company ACI in the world and European payment service provider Seller services announcement an extension of their partnership that will allow Vendo Services to offer more than 127 cryptocurrencies, including Bitcoin (BTC), to its global merchant customers. Thanks to ACI’s partnership with payment solution provider Blockchain RocketFuelmerchants can accept crypto payments with no processing fees, he said.
- Hop Protocol voted in favor of a proposal spread out on zkSync to support rapid transition between rollups, an announcement said. Hop is one addition to over 150 projects that have committed to build and launch on zkSync. With these integrations and bridges, users will be able to send ETH, USDC, USDTand other Layer 2 resources (Arbitration, OptimismzkSync) improvement.
- On the other sidea cross-chain bridge between the deployment chains and the Ethereum mainnet powered by an optimistic oracle WBUraised $10m at a $200m valuation from Hack a VC, Reserved areaand blockchain capital. Across also launched its ACX token and Across DAO, decentralizing ownership and governance of the protocol, according to an announcement. Since its launch in October 2021, Across has raised more than $1 billion in user funds, he added.
- Multi-chain protocol t3rn raised $6.5 million in a strategic funding round led by Capital Polychainwith the participation of Block change, Lemniscap, D1 companies, Huobi Ventures, Fiction Capital, Bware Laboratories, MEXC, Open process companies, Net zero capital, and others. The protocol too announcement the completion of its second grant from Web3 Foundationto further develop XBI, an intelligent contract communication standard.
#Today #Crypto #FTX #Takes #Employee #Salaries #Huobi #Partners #Tron #DMC #Dominica #Coin #Ukrainian #Indian #CBDCs #Crypto